The UP College of Medicine is known to produce graduates who are not only excellent physicians, but are also leaders in the community. Lectures and small group discussions allow us to deepen our medical knowledge, but it is through organizations where medical students hone their talents, give back to the community, and strengthen the bonds between fellow students. Student organizations are avenues for growth and self-expression, and they allow students to gain skills and knowledge that can only be learned outside of the classroom. Each of the organizations provide students with their own activities and opportunities, but they all contribute in their own ways in following UPCM’s mission of producing physicians with a heart and leadership.
|OFS NAME||ORGANIZATION EMAIL|
|UP Medicine Choiremail@example.com|
|UP Medical Students' Society (MSS)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Medical Students for Social Responsibility - IPPNW Philippines (MSSR)||email@example.com|
|Mu Sigma Phi Fraternityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mu Sigma Phi Sororityemail@example.com|
|P One's True Nature (OTN)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Pangkalusugang Lingkod Bayan (PLB)||email@example.com|
|UP Pangkalusugang Samahan ng Mag-aaral (PAGSAMA)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Phi Kappa Mu Fraternityemail@example.com|
|Phi Lambda Delta Sororityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|UP Physician Scientists Association (PSA)||email@example.com|
|UP Regionalization Students Organization (RSO)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|UP Medicine Student Council (UP MSC)||email@example.com|
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ANNUAL PE FOR AY 2020-2021from OSA, UPHS, & HICU
- Students are required to register/ get a PGH case number (Blue Card) by accessing PGH Online Consultation Request for Appointment (OCRA) System through the following link pghopd.up.edu.ph OR send a filled out PGH Kaalaman Form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Call PGH OPD Medical Records Section 8554-8400 loc 5317 for OCRA issues related to account creation.
- Steps in registering in OCRA (See Appendix). Once registered please wait for call/ text to confirm date and time of appointment/consult. Go to “View Appointments” in OCRA for confirmation of appointment. IF in 24-48 hours , the student has not received a confirmation of the date and time of appointment, please call UPHS hotline 8554-8400 local 6101/6102, SMART 09617321764 or email email@example.com. Please indicate in the Subject Heading of Email: College - No Appointment Confirmation
- Send the following requirements for periodic health examination thru UPHS email firstname.lastname@example.org with email title PHEX_College_Family Name (e.g. PHEX_CM_DelaCruz) for validation. This must be done before their scheduled appointment.
- Accomplished periodic health exam form
- Chest x-ray result
- The following requirements for HICU clearance may be submitted to email@example.com before August 15, 2020 for LU6 & LU7 and PGIs and before September 15, 2020 for LU5 students. * Mandatory for LU5 to LU7 students of CM, PGIs and undergraduate students of CD, CN, CP, CAMP, and CPH only. LU3 and LU4 students are encouraged to have the test done.
** For LU5, LU6 and LU7 students of CM and PGIs only.
- AntiHBs,HbsAg result*
- Varicella IgG result**
- HICU clearance **
- Previous test results may not be available from UPHS. Records need to be retrieved from the old UPHS section therefore it may not immediately available upon request. Please by guided by the following HICU guidelines:
- Hepatitis B serology
HBsAgn Anti HBs titers (mIU/mL) Recommendation negative >1000 No further action needed, student is immune. No need to repeat HBsAgn or AntiHBs titers.* negative <10 or nonreactive Recommend 3 doses of Hepatitis B vaccine; repeat antiHBs titers 1-2 mos after the last dose, if possible negative <100 Recommend one dose of Hepatitis B vaccine positive <100 Request for HBV DNA viral load positive <10 Repeat HBV DNA viral load and Anti HBs titers after 6 mos
- Varicella IgG – proof of previous vaccination or natural varicella signed by a physician
- Hepatitis B serology
- If student fails to submit the necessary titers or receive the required vaccinations, the stu-dent may sign an informed waiver about the risks. Please submit the waiver to HICU.
- Students are encouraged to have their physical examination done by a medical practi-tioner (use annual PE form) and their laboratory exams done outside PGH. IF physical exam in PGH is opted by student then this has to be scheduled thru the PGH OCRA system. Use the “PGH employee” option to schedule a tele consult or face to face appointment.
- UPHS will notify student once cleared. Names of students cleared for enrollment will be submitted to the college.
- “Screening Questionnaire” for COVID is a self assessment test for all students. This should be done every day. If at least one of the answers to the symptom is YES, do self isolation, do not go to school and schedule an appointment with UPHS via OCRA.
No need for UPHS clearance if the answer to all signs/symptoms is NO.
For inquiries, you may call the UPHS hotline 8554-8400 local 6101/6102; SMART 09617321764 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Colleges with clinical rotations/ face to face classes will be given an earlier appointment for HS.
Medicine: (LU5 - 7) June - July 17
Dentistry: July 20-Aug 7
CAMP: (Interns) Aug 10-11
Pharmacy: June -Aug 11
Nursing: Aug 12-Aug 28
Medicine : (LU1-5) Aug 31-Sept 18
Dentistry - September 21
CAS: Sept 22-Oct 30
Public Health: November 2-20
CAMP: Nov 23-27
Graduate Students : Dec 1-Dec9
- Students who are not able to register online through the OCRA system may still register outside of the scheduled dates however they should be aware that the colleges that are scheduled on those dates will be given priority.
- Deadlines for submission of UPHS clearance
Activity and Year Level
PRIORITY Dates for Accessing OCRA
Deadline for Submission of Clearance from UPHS
Students with PGH clinical rotation or face-to-face patient contact:
LU6 and LU7
June 23, 2020 until July 17, 2020
July 31, 2020
June 23, 2020 until July 17, 2020
August 31, 2020 to September 10, 2020
September 15, 2020
Predominantly online activity
LU1, LU2, LU3, LU4
August 31, 2020 to September 18, 2020
December 15, 2020
- The case number is not automatically generated once you register into OCRA. Medical Records will still have to assign a number to you. (Note: Still waiting for reply from the medical records on how this case number can be viewed). If the student forgot his/her case number , this can be searched in the system using the student’s name
- There is no calendar to choose your appointment date. One has to wait for call/text to confirm scheduled appointment.
- OCRA cannot accept online submission of the PE forms and lab results so this has to be emailed to Health Service
- Please be advised that an appointment is needed before you can be cleared. The PE form and Chest xray that are submitted needs to be validated before they can be cleared thus the need for the appointment.
UP COLLEGE OF MEDICINE CLASS 2022
Many have dreamed of saving lives and many have set their hearts on being in the frontlines. The path to such ambitions demands a persevering heart. We are no strangers to the challenges that entail such a noble profession, and we are willing to take on this path because this is our passion.
We are UPCM Batch 2022 and we aim to be part of the frontliners in the future. We are preparing ourselves through constant training and continuing education to become competent in our vocation. We have excelled and will continue to perform in all our endeavors, both curricular and extracurricular to become holistic physicians. We are firm in our goal to help save lives and we will toil continuously every day because this is our mission. To save lives is our dream and to become physicians for the people is our purpose.
Colossal dreams are daunting and may even seem impossible but we will all break through; and in that moment, the impossible becomes possible. 2022, Breaking Through!
Class 2022 continues to break through as they bagged several major awards during different events in and outside the college.
UP COLLEGE OF MEDICINE CLASS 2027
Batch 2027 logged in to university buzzing with excitement, hopeful for the new chapter of their lives. Composed of brilliant and stellar individuals, each member of the batch has committed to the collective pursuit of excellence. Outputs, no matter how small, are done with the utmost effort. Transcriptions are made with great care. Performances are done with much insight. Batch 2027 never held back.
At the same time, even though the batch has not yet met in person, a bond holds them together. Each member is committed to taking care of their fellow batchmates. An implicit principle prevails: not one less. This brought about zoom study sessions until 6am, shared notes and exercises, and early morning phone calls to wake each other up in time for a 7am sync class.
Despite the pandemic situation, Batch 2027 fights for their future. It is seen in how they insist on doing their requirements, how they apply for organizations, and how they grab opportunities. It is seen in their perseverance and ability to remind themselves and each other that they will make it. It is in the passion by which they pursue their goals. It is in the constant striving to realize their potential and grow. But most importantly, it is seen in the hope that they hold on to, their belief that everything can be better and everything will be better. They know that they are part of that change.
Abante, Bente Siete.