What is VPN?
- VPN means Virtual Private Network.
- It is a connection method that creates a secure "tunnel" across the internet between you and your office, a VPN provider, or your home.
- It allows eligible individuals to access the University Library e-resources from a non-UP Manila internet source as if they were directly connected to the campus network.
- The IMS administers the VPN service. Any queries about the service must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who can use VPN?
- UP MANILA
- Faculty Member
- REPS and Administrative Staff
- Other UP Stakeholders
Why use VPN?
- Faculty members and students to access online library resources for teaching or academic requirements from home.
- Staff to access particular UPM local sites, in situations where you are away from UP Manila.
- Stakeholders to access external sites important to UPM (e.g., uis.up.edu.ph, gmail.com), with security in mind.
- UP Manila system and network administrators.
What are the requirements?
Authentication and Directory Service Credentials (ADS)
If you don't have any yet, email email@example.com and make the request, attaching in the email a scanned copy of your UPM ID.
VPN-related documents are shared on Google Drive, which can be accessed with this account.
Familiarity with your device's operating system
You may need assistance from knowledgeable persons to be able to install and configure VPN in your machine.
How to Install, Configure and Use VPN?
Visit VPN Portal
Download the client installer (GlobalProtect Agent) from this site: https://vpn-portal.upm.edu.ph.
GlobalProtect Portal Log-in
Log in using your UP Manila Authentication and Directory Service (ADS) credentials.
Download Installer Version
Choose the version of the agent you need to download and install (Windows 32/64 bit or Mac 32/64 bit).
Enter Portal Address
Enter the portal address, vpn-portal.upm.edu.ph and click Connect". If the Server Certificate Error appears, click "Continue".
UP Manila VPN Sign in
Once connected, sign in using your UP Manila Authentication and Directory Service (ADS) credentials
Click on the GlobalProtect icon and click "Connect" or "Disconnect".