The UP College of Medicine strives to continually improve the skills and knowledge of its faculty in terms of teaching and research in their respective field of specialty and discipline. As such, it developed its own Graduate Programs aside from its Doctor of Medicine Program.
And, as in all the other graduate programs of UP Manila, the Graduate Programs of the College of Medicine is administratively under the Graduate Office for the Health Sciences via the PGIM.
The PGIM has, under its arm, 21 graduate programs: 8 in the Basic Science departments and 10 in the Clinical Departments, 1 in the Medical Informatics Unit and 2 in the Social Medicine Unit. These are:
Basic Science Departments
- Master of Science in Pharmacology View
- Master of Science in Biochemistry View
- Certificate in Biochemistry View
- Master of Science in Physiology View
- Diploma in Physiology
- Certificate in Physiology
- Master of Science in Epidemiology (Clinical Epidemiology) View
- Diploma in Clinical Epidemiology View
- Master of Science in Clinical Medicine (Child Health)
- Diploma in Child Health
- Master of Science in Clinical Medicine (Family and Community Medicine)
- Master of Science in Clinical Medicine (Medical Oncology)
- Masters in Medical Oncology
- Master of Science in Clinical Medicine (Obstetrics and Gynecology) View
- Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Master of Science in Clinical Medicine (Surgery)
- Master in Orthopedics
- Master in Clinical Audiology View
Medical Informatics Unit
- Master of Science in Health Informatics
Social Medicine Unit
Frequently Asked Questions
Advising and Pre-Med Organizations
- Can you send me a catalog?
- I’m just getting started on preparing for medical school, where do I start?
- I am an undergraduate student and haven’t applied to medical school yet, can I talk to someone in your office?
- I graduated with a degree in .…/I am ….(career)/I had terrible grades as an undergraduate – Now I want to be a doctor, what do I do?
- Aren’t the health-care and community service activities I did in my pre-med organization enough?
- Does it look good that I’m a member of a pre-med organization?
- What major does UP PGIM look for?
Application Forms and Recommendations
- I am applying this year, can I send in my letters of recommendation before I apply?
- I wasn’t accepted by UP PGIM. Can I find out how to strengthen my application?
- What should my essay be about?
- I applied last year, can I use my essays from the last application?
- What is the UP PGIM Application, with all those residency questions?
- How will I receive notification of my application status with UP PGIM?
- What is the status of my application?
- I got an email saying my file was ‘provisionally complete’. What does this mean, and is it holding up my application?
- I know I turned all my formal materials in. Why do I keep getting e-mails from you stating that my file is incomplete?
- Why haven’t I heard a decision regarding my application from UP PGIM, I’ve already heard from all of the other programs I’ve applied to this year?
- If I am accepted can I defer matriculation?
- Is there a fee for applying to UP PGIM?
- What does tuition usually cost?
- Do you accept international students?
- I have a medical degree from a country outside of the Philippines, can I enter your medical school?
POSTGRADUATE INSTITUTE OF MEDICINE
UP College of Medicine
Tel. No. (02)536-1319
|560||Teresa Luisa Cruz|